Accounting & Bookkeeping Intern - Job Description
Who are we?
Nimble Accounting Ltd are a small, young, dynamic and ambitious accounting and bookkeeping company based in Milpark, Johannesburg.
We work with small UK companies with somewhere between 1 and 5 employees, but we service our clients from Johannesburg, working with online systems.
We work on QuickBooks Online and other cloud-based systems to deliver much more to our clients than a typical Accounting firm.
We pride ourselves on becoming a partner to the business owners; we proactively support their growth and profitability.
More than anything else, we believe in exceptional client service.
What do we want?
We want someone who can grow with us.
We’re looking for someone either straight out of University or at the early stages in their career wanting to kick start their career and get much needed work experience.
We want someone who is enthusiastic, eager to learn, flexible enough to work at a young start-up and excellent at communicating with our clients.
Whilst you do need to have an understanding of bookkeeping, we don’t expect you to have any knowledge of UK tax or accounting – we’ll develop these skills with you over time.
We want someone who is resilient and detail-oriented to do day-to-day bookkeeping tasks but also flexible and creative enough to proactively think of new ideas and improvements that benefit our clients.
What’s in it for me?
You will learn all the ropes of the business for a six-month internship period which will be extended to full time employment if you perform well.
While at Nimble you will be exposed to International business and cutting-edge technology that will sculpt you into more than just a Bookkeeper.
You will be a part of a young and dynamic team not tied down by convention. You will be given an opportunity to contribute meaningfully and make a difference by providing value to small businesses.
We want an exceptional candidate in the very early stages of their career, so we've got a competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunities to attract the best.
And yes, you can wear your All-Stars to the office.
· Work with existing procedures and continually improve them.
· Provide ongoing bookkeeping for clients.
- Process all purchase invoices on AutoEntry
- Match all income and expenses on QuickBooks Online to respective invoices and receipts
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Produce profit and loss statements
- Produce and review management accounts to identify and correct errors
- Perform VAT reconciliations and calculations per quarter
· Keep track of tasks and clients using our project management tool
· Provide support to clients by phone or email as needed.
· Perform ‘Onboarding’ processes for new clients.
· Think of and bring forward new ideas to improve Nimble for our clients.
· Lots of other tasks as they arise!
· Bachelors in an accounting related subject (3 year degree)
· Excellent academic record
· Friendly and outgoing personality
· Excellent communication skills
· Very IT savvy, to work with our various systems
· Ambitious to learn, grow and succeed
· Flexible, adaptable and energetic to make changes and improvements