Accounting Supervisor - Job Description
WHO ARE WE?
Nimble Accounting Ltd are a fast-growing, young, dynamic and ambitious accounting and bookkeeping company based in Milpark, Johannesburg.
We work with small UK companies with somewhere between 1 and 5 employees, but we service our clients from Johannesburg, working with online systems.
We work on QuickBooks Online and other cloud-based systems to deliver much more to our clients than a typical Accounting firm.
We pride ourselves on becoming a partner to the business owners; we proactively support their growth and profitability.
More than anything else, we believe in exceptional client service.
WHAT DO WE WANT?
We want someone who can grow with us.
We want someone with excellent accounting and tax knowledge, ideally with experience of working at an accounting firm, with around 4-8 years experience of work. You may or may not have supervisory or management experience.
Being a start-up company, we need someone who is flexible, energetic and willing to adapt to change. When things don’t work as they should, we want you to come up with solutions rather than just accepting them.
We know that you’re not going to have knowledge of UK tax - that’s fine – we’ll teach you that. But we do need you to have a good knowledge of South African tax, as it will then be much easier to get you up to speed on the UK side of things.
We want someone who is resilient and detail-oriented to lead your team, but also flexible and creative enough to proactively think of new ideas and improvements that benefit our clients.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
You’ll be a key part of a fast-growing start up – your views and ideas will shape Nimble now and for many years to come. You’ll see the company grow and succeed, and be an integral part of that success.
You’ll be challenged from day one. You’ll be learning the mechanics of our business, but more importantly, you’ll learn how to lead a team to achieve success – skills that will set you up for a long and successful career.
We want an exceptional candidate with 4-8 years of experience and we've got a competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunities to attract the best.
And yes, you can wear your All-Stars to the office.
Managing a team of between 4 and 6 and reporting to the Director
· Leading your team to ensure the quality and timeliness of their output
· Ensuring that your team are motivated, trained, challenged and happy
· Reviewing work produced by the team before it’s sent to clients
· Managing the tasks, projects and deadlines of the team
· Onboarding new clients
· Resolving client queries and complaints
· Identifying and resolving training requirements for your team
· Providing support to your team when needed
· Identifying organisational and process issues and providing improvements and solutions.
· Conducting performance appraisals and setting performance objectives for your team.
· Bachelors in an accounting related subject (3 year degree)
· Between 4 and 8 years work experience in accounting
· Excellent academic record
· Friendly and outgoing personality
· Excellent communication skills
· Very IT savvy, to work with our various systems
· Ambitious to learn, grow and succeed
· Flexible, adaptable and energetic to make changes and improvements